Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pablo Neruda

"I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: Where “I” does not exist, nor “You”, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep."


I find that so beautiful. It has always been one of my favorite passages of Neruda's poetry.
I want to use it in our wedding ceremony, possibly.


Anyways. It's been a nice weekend, albeit tiring. Friday night Heather came up from Salem and we had some girl time at Kate and Crystal's. Fun times with board games. Saturday involved breakfast, Vera Bradley obsessions, traipsing through Target, sour cream and onion potato chips topped with Cool WHip, The Little Mermaid, Panera, Lab, Red Sox eventually, crashing into bed.

Jeffrey and I got our new car yesterday too! 2006 Chevy Malibu. It's nice. We took it for a drive through Bellows Falls and Brattleboro, and had some good discussions in the car. We have yet to come up with a good name for the car though.

I can not wait to be married to my soul partner. For now, it's time to do laundry and maybe take a nap so I can stay up for ALCS Game 7 tonight.

1 comment:

Allison Johnson said...

hey hey! pablo neruda is so classic. good choice. i am thoroughly enjoying your blog, though i have to admit i'm kind of grossed out by cool whip on potato chips, but i'll keep an open mind. keep on blogging in the blogosphere!